Whether or
not I find HELP systems helpful isn't a simple yes or no question, because it
depends. There are HELP systems, like the one in excel, that never seemed
to be easy for to me to get the answer I really needed. I realized that
is was better for me to just search for the answer to my question on the
Internet rather than use that help system, because I tended to find my answers
faster. I also find HELP systems annoying on websites like Facebook. Facebook seems to make me do a tutorial for
how to use their site every time they update it, when in reality it isn't that
different from the older version. However,
I do find them helpful when there is a little instructive design to help you
understand the main features of application has when you download it or how to
get started. Instructional text is also very helpful when filling out forms
with your information because they are often require your information in a
specific format. Instructional text, in this case, is part of making the
design as obvious as possible for the users.
Since the superheroes we are designing for are fictional, our consumer is all the people who follow the superhero and would purchase things related to the superhero. There are many categories of people you could focus on when creating a personas. One could be age, a child's devotion consuming habits in a super hero is different than a person in their 50s. Similarly, you can break down your consumers by their devotion or level of interest in the superhero. These are just two ways you could categorize the consumers while forming a persona.
I agree that it is a difficult question to answer and not necessarily a yes or no question. I also quickly search for questions online for softwares I use to questions rather than searching through tutorials.
ReplyDeleteYour font is very difficult to read, btw.