In my view, HELP systems are not substitutes for good design. Instead, they are part of the design that bring in improvements. HELP systems can work well if they fit into the design and different types of system can not only turn beginner into intermediates but also motivate expert to invest more rime and energy to the applications. To make this happen, the designers need to find a right way to "embed" the tutorial into the applications. For example, to help new users learn the basics quickly, mint.com provides a three-step overview that informs users how to start, and a welcome screen which shows users what they can do on the user homepage.
For project #5, the superhero my team picked is Hulk. A series of question came into my mind when I was considering about the persona: "Who is interested in Hulk?", "How old are they?", "Are they able to purchase the product in terms of price?" and "How likely are they going to use the product?". I decided to focus on those who like Hulk and will to spend reasonable money on Hulk products that are useful in daily life.
For project #5, the superhero my team picked is Hulk. A series of question came into my mind when I was considering about the persona: "Who is interested in Hulk?", "How old are they?", "Are they able to purchase the product in terms of price?" and "How likely are they going to use the product?". I decided to focus on those who like Hulk and will to spend reasonable money on Hulk products that are useful in daily life.
I like your thought on including those who are willing and able to purchase items related to your superhero. This is something I did not think of when considering how to create our personas. If money is the ultimate goal in creating a new gadget for a superhero, this idea is very important in coming up with a design that would be accepted by the fan base and consumers.
ReplyDelete