Monday, March 10, 2014
8-Tim Wilson
The thing that has surprised me the most about this class and HCI design in general has been the methods we've been using to test the usability of our designs. We are able to find out key flaws in our interfaces without ever laying a finger on a keyboard to write code. It's been both fun and challenging to try to fully represent my design concepts with pencil and paper, and making modular sketches to cover every situation a user might find themselves in has been surprisingly difficult.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you that the methods we use in this class for testing our designs was surprising. I never knew that so much could be revised from just having someone use your sketch as a simulation to make critiques. Before this class, I would have never thought to test a design in this type of way, and I have found out that the usability testing has been extremely helpful with the redesign of our projects.
ReplyDelete