I am all caught up on all of my blogs.
I have learned how to work more effectively on a team and how to iterate designs. It has been difficult coming up with design ideas but once you do it's not as difficult as one might think. I have learned how to test users with use cases and usability tests. The most important thing I have learned is that any and every design can be improved and no idea is perfect. Example, the Fail Faster video today.
I agree that there is no such a perfect design and every one can be improved. Writing out use case and having usability test on potential users are extremely helpful when I was trying to find out the weakness of my team's design and improve it. I remember when my team finish the sketches for project 3, we felt that every single steps made perfect sense to us and we couldn't find any weakness of our design. However, after we we did the use case and the usability test, we found users were confused and they were not able to accomplish the task. From then on, I realize that testing on real users can help me to improve the design in many ways.
ReplyDeleteI agree with what you said about difficulty coming up with ideas, and I think that what we learned in lecture yesterday can help with that difficulty - the thought of just running with an idea and seeing where it goes. Even if we end up scrapping it, we'll learn from that process, and our future iterations will benefit because of it. Further, I think it's important to remember that there's no one "perfect" solution. There are infinite potential solutions; it's just about fleshing one out enough to make it viable.
ReplyDelete