Monday, March 10, 2014

8-Jiawen Wei

From the past weeks, I learned that a good(better) product should be simple and straight forward to the users it is designed for. The way I can make the design better is to observe, test and then redesign. The part I enjoyed most in project 3 and 4 is that I can brainstorm with my team members to improve something really exist or design a feature that is useful to people who use refrigerator. And what make the processes not only enjoyable but also professional is that after we sketch it out, we ought to look back into our design and discover its weakness. To be honest, at the beginning, it was hard for me to think of one single weakness of our design, because every part of it makes perfect sense to me. However, after writing out use case and having usability test on potential users, the weakness are exposed. The user don't know what to do if they wanna go back to the original setting, the QR code inside the refrigerator is hard to find. The design is riddled with feedback and we patch it up. The most valuable take away I got from "playing the whole game" is to continue my redesign by using use case and usability test.


No comments:

Post a Comment