Wednesday, February 26, 2014
6 - Max Sarayev
For the YouTube redesign in project 3 my partner and I redesigned the video player page. We wanted to make it more obvious and provide the simplest experience for the user. Our focus was to make the video the main priority so we increased the size of the video screen by only having two options. We got rid of the standard small screen. We also simplified the video bar and the options it had on it. We thought that that design focused on the implementation rather than the mental model. Someone who is tech savvy or a programmer might know exactly what to do. But the average user might find that page a bit confusing and cluttered. I think that most of YouTubes design is aimed towards users that already know how to use it or the actual uploaders. I don't think they focus on designing their website for the average viewer who makes up most of the traffic to YouTube.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment