Monday, February 17, 2014

5-Sarah Curlin

There are many tests techniques that chapter 4 mentions. The unnecessary test is one test that I could have done in project 3.  There are three questions to ask oneself while doing this test:


    1. Is there more than one way to complete the task this feature supports?
    2. Does this feature contribute directly to the completion of the task?
    3. Is the task this feature supports vital to the activity this application supports?
    One feature that I did this to was the popular featured video section.  In doing the test I realized that there are multiple ways to access these videos (through the popular feature in the "Best of YouTube" menu). In regards to the second question, I don't think that it really contributes directly to the completion of finding popular videos, because they could have been achieved another way.  The popular featured videos isn't a vital feature to have to watch videos on YouTube, especially when there is another way to get there and in talking to YouTube users the most used way to access videos seemed to be the search bar.  Therefore, I removed this feature because I found it to be "unnecessary."

    No comments:

    Post a Comment