Thursday, February 13, 2014

5 - Drew Hrvatin

The Unnecessary Test

  1. Is there more than one way to complete the task this feature supports?
    1. Yes there is more than one way.  The feature I added for autoplay on YouTube involves one less click of the mouse.  Autoplay can be stopped by clicking pause after choosing any video but my feature skips this step completely.
  2. Does this feature contribute directly to the completion of the task?
    1. Yes it does.  Anyone who wants to load a video of their choice can do so with one click of the mouse.  The same goes for auto playing a video.  Before this feature, users would have to choose their video and click pause to just load their video.
  3. Is the task this feature supports vital to the activity this application supports?
    1. I would say that the task is vital depending on the context in which a person is using YouTube.  This feature is not vital for the average person using YouTube.  This feature is vital for my target group of users for project 3.
I'm not sure that I would drop my feature just because I answered no to one of these questions.  This Load only/Play now button is useful for every YouTube user.  At some point, every user of YouTube will want to either load a video and watch it later or watch the video immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment