Monday, February 3, 2014

3-Jake Bessinger

netflix.com


Why did Netflix choose this design for their website? I think they would just ask themselves what they believed their persona would want. Their design is pretty obvious, and I know as an avid user I don't have to think twice about what to do when I log in. One of my absolute favorite features for Netflix is the way you can continue your spot in the TV show or movie you are watching. If you play a show you are in the middle of, it will start right where you left off. I believe they did this so the user can go in to their website and start using it in a matter of seconds rather than having to search for the exact spot they were at in the specific episode or scene they were on.

Another great feature is the recommendations they provide based on what you have previously watched. This has scored some favorites for me, and I think their motivation behind this is to keep people using for as long as they can, and I can say by experience that it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment