Monday, February 3, 2014

3-Tim Wilson

For Blog #2 I choose Google's "Home" page, Google.com




For as long as I can remember using it, Google's search engine has been an all white background with almost nothing but a search bar, a logo, and a few extra buttons. A lot of people might wonder why Google is wasting so much valuable real estate on a white background, but I believe they want to keep it simple and clean for the user. They want users to know they can come to their site, get what they want, and get out quicker and better than any of their competitors. That's probably why you don't have to click a "search" button or even hit enter anymore. Google values the data, and they want to give the user incentive to keep coming back to give them their data.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with this, this is an excellent example of obvious design. Google does such a good job with this!

    ReplyDelete