Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Scott Trepper



Hi everyone, I’m Scott your blog mentor. I’m a graduate student studying education technology in the Instructional System Technology program in the School of Education. I’m incredibly excited to take this class along with all of you!

My undergraduate degree is in Film Studies so I love watching and discussing movies. If you haven’t already, be sure to visit the IU Cinema. This Saturday at 6:30pm they’re showing the Martin Scorsese classic “Raging Bull”. I’m also a huge comedy nerd. I write and perform sketch comedy in the group Boy in the Bubble and will soon try standup for the first time. 

Of course, I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t love technology and design. Emerging technologies particularly interest me. I own an Oculus Rift and have been attempting several related projects including retrofitting older games, filming 360 panoramic scenes, and demoing the device at senior living centers. Here’s a short video of me describing the device and its potential applications. http://journalism.indiana.edu/classwork/j210_raymer_fall2013/masters-student-explores-virtual-reality/

Hopefully, I’ll get to know you all better throughout the semester. If you ever have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. My email is strepper@indiana.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment