I did four years of journalism in high school and learned a lot about technology and communication as a result. I began as a writer but became more interested in visual communication after my methods of expression changed. I entered with an intended journalism major, but I discovered that what I was learning had already been covered in my high school experience, so I decided to branch out and look into telecommunications and informatics instead.
I'm worried most about mixing up blogs for my classes, since I have two others I have to update as well. I learned in the first class that small changes in the designs of everyday objects can make them unusable.

Hi Jill, great to meet you! I don't have a ton of experience in journalism but I'd venture to say that a lot of what you've learned is transferable. A lot of design projects require you to investigate specific groups of people and perform interviews to understand their perspective.
ReplyDelete