Monday, January 20, 2014

1-Tim Wilson



My name is Tim Wilson and I'm a senior in Informatics from Carmel, Indiana (boo Carmel, I know).

I'm also pursuing a business cognate.

Something interesting about me is that when I was in middle school a small shark tried to bite me while I was swimming in the Gulf of Mexico. I ended up escaping unharmed by kicking it in the face, but now I'm pretty sure I will never go further than a foot into the ocean ever again.

The thing I'm most worried about this class is translating my ideas for design into a sketch. I know Professor Siegel said not to worry if you don't have drawing skills, but I think he might underestimate how bad I can be at drawing.

The most interesting thing I took away from the first week of classes was probably the whole discussion about doors and door handles. Ever since that day I can't help but notice every door I go in and out of, and how stupid some of the designs can be. I've even people watched the door-using process. The thing that's bothered me the most: "Please use other door" signs. Why even put a door there if nobody can use it?!?

Finally, here's my face.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim! I'm glad the lecture got you thinking about things wrong with door designs. I'm a big believe that creative work has more to do with "problem finding" than "problem solving". Hope you have a great semester!

    ReplyDelete