Monday, January 27, 2014

2-Tim Wilson

The obvious design of Google.com


A website can't get much more simple and obvious than Google's home page, google.com. Google knows most people are going there to search, so they don't let anything get in the way of that. There's a large search bar asking you to enter something to search for, with two clearly labeled buttons below. It's obvious what the first one ("Google Search") does. The second button, "I'm Feeling Lucky" seems a little less obvious at first, but once you click it things become more apparent. Still, it doesn't get in the way of the search process or take anything away from the site. In addition to search, links to other Google apps are clearly listed in the top right of the page.

1 comment:

  1. I remember people talking about how bold it was for Google to leave blank the "most valuable ad real estate online." Also interesting how the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button has changed through the years. Before Google automatically started pushing search results, clicking the button would take you to the first search result without displaying the full list of results.

    ReplyDelete