2 - Adam Friedman
Obvious Design of Gmail:
Google has pretty much mastered user interaction design. I could have chosen just about any google product, including this blog, but I decided to focus on some cool, obvious designing on their gmail site. First, all of the main actions available to the user are very clearly labeled and laid out. If a user wants to compose an email, instead of being directed to another page, an input box comes up on the page. Every message typed in this input box is autosaved, preventing user frustration. There are other obvious designs that help prevent user frustration. If a user types "I've attached" and hits send before they've actually attached any files, a dialogue box appears that reminds the user to attach files. Google is great at making their products intuitive and extremely easy to use. They also do a great job of preventing user errors and frustrations. Google design is good, obvious design.
link: http://www.gmail.com

No comments:
Post a Comment