The Obvious Design of YouTube
Link to website: www.youtube.com
I believe that YouTube's
website has an obvious design. The picture below depicts the
website's self-explanatory homepage. Users can easily select a
featured video by either clicking on a screenshot of the video or on the title
of the video, which is highlighted in a blue font. YouTube
recommends videos on the homepage of the website which are based on the
user's viewing history. The user can also use the well-organized
"Best of YouTube" menu on the left-hand side of the screen to view a
specific kind of video. If the user is looking for a specific video, they
can use the search bar at the top of the page to get a refined search. Users who accidentally click on the wrong video can correct their mistake by easily clicking on the back button. Overall, the design of YouTube's website is simple and obvious to navigate.

I find it interesting that deeper engagement with the site removes advertisements. My youtube homepage is filled with videos from channels I subscribe to, no large banner ad.
ReplyDelete