Sunday, January 26, 2014

2-Jake Bessinger

netflix.com

In my opinion, Netflix has a great handle on obvious design. At the home screen, it has two clear options which are either to sign in, or to sign up, which without doing, you cannot do anything on the site at all, so that is a great way to design due to the fact that those would be the only possible options a user would be looking for when navigating here. When you sign in, I think this is where Netflix's design really shines because it has a list of your suggestions based off of what you have watched, which is really convenient because there are so many options to sift through, and everything you can do takes no thought process at all. This means that if I see a movie that looks interesting and I want to watch it, I just click on it. The top toolbar is pretty obvious to given the options there. Each tab states exactly what it is for, so when you click on it, you know exactly what you are getting into.


I think Netflix got the job done making a great site with simple and obvious navigation, which is key for Netflix because they know their target audience is probably going to spend an unhealthy amount of time using it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment