I am a Sophomore, Informatics major, and I am from the microscopic "town" of Tippecanoe, Indiana (Not to be confused with Tippecanoe county). Tippecanoe is so small that it doesn't even have a stop light, or even a stop sign at that matter, so I usually just tell people I am from northern Indiana around the South Bend area.
"Interesting" me
I am the youngest in my family with 3 older sisters, which isn't that interesting, but one interesting thing is that I grew up on a wildlife refuge, so I love nature, camping, and all that jazz. I listen to almost every kind of music and love discovering new stuff, but my favorite genre is rock.
So I guess I am more interesting than one sentence because there are two right there.
My only worry about this class is that I won't be able to keep up with my "sketchnotes" because I am the worst sketcher of all time, which has been proven on many occasions (One time my classmates laughed at an outline I sketched for an animation project). I am one of those people that has to label their drawings so people understand what it is, you know, like a toddler!
An idea that I took away from the first class was definitely the affordances we talked about. What really got me thinking was we talked about the Coke can opening noise being purposeful, and not an accident. I had never really thought about it before, but that was something that was really neat for me and stuck with me.
I just hope eventually we can get the whole door thing down because my door opening skills are about the same as my sketching skills.
P.S. If there is a door that has a bar across the whole thing, if you put a hand on each side and just push both ways you won't look like a fool.
-Jake
(I'm the guy)

Hi Jake, nice to meet you! I like your idea about the two-directional door bar. By the end of the semester, you'll be seeing how designs all around you can be improved!
ReplyDelete