My name is Jonny Trubshaw. I'm a Junior Informatics major with a music minor and I"m from Milwaukee, WI (shout out to Sam Carneol for having basically the same intro).
Here at IU I am the music director of Another Round, the men's a cappella group. When I got in the group my freshman year it was known as IU"s Straight No Chaser, but we changed the name to avoid confusion with the professional group under the same name (most of those guys are original members from the original IU group, all of them have been in the group at some point). I also like to produce music in my free time.
The only thing I'm worried about in this class is keeping up with the weekly blog posts. I've had trouble in the past keeping up with assignments like this, but I think this class is going to be different.
The first class I learned that if someone offers you a coke, you say yes.

Hi Johnny, nice to meet you! That's awesome that you're the director of Another Round. I went through an a cappella phase and got really into the group Swingle Singers. A lot of their albums focus on a cappella arrangements of classical songs like those written by Bach or Mozart. As the class progresses, I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on the similarities and differences between digital design and musical composition.
ReplyDelete