Tuesday, April 1, 2014

9 - Adam Friedman

I think that HELP systems aren't inherently good or bad. I think that they are neutral and it depends on how you use/implement them. A good help system, in my opinion, should be obvious and unobtrusive. It should only be there if the user needs it and it should be as simple and as clear as possible, any more and it begins to become cluttered, which annoys the user. 
To answer the second part of the first question, I don't think that tutorial systems are a substitute for good design. Good design allows novice user to become intermediate users as quickly as possible and sometimes a tutorial system is required to achieve that, as long as it doesn't "overstay its welcome". By that, I mean that the tutorial should accomplish its task and then get out of the way. I think that tutorial systems can be an acceptable tool in a designer's toolbox as long as it's done right.

The categories of people on whom to focus for our personas should be hardcore fans, child fans, and possible the hero himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment